Free-form Essential Amino Acids
Amino acids play central roles as the building blocks of proteins and as intermediates in metabolism. The precise amino acid content, and the sequence of the amino acids of a specific protein, determines the biological activity of the protein. Proteins not only catalyze all (or most) of the reactions in living cells, they control virtually all cellular processes. Humans can produce 10 of the 20 amino acids. The others must be supplied through food. Out of the 10 our bodies cannot make, failure to obtain enough of even 1 of the 10 essential amino acids results in degradation of the body’s proteins, including muscle. Unlike fat and starch, the human body does not store excess amino acids for later use, so amino acids must be consumed every day.
Amino Acid Synergy may be useful for:
- People whose diets are insufficient in quality protein
- Athletes that require additional amino acids to maintain or achieve greater lean body mass
- Patients who are cachexic from chronic illness or GI malabsorption
- Individuals who are in catabolic states due to stress or illness
- Those recovering from surgery or tissue trauma
- People wanting better quality hair and nails
- Patients who have confirmed amino acid deficiencies on metabolic testing
Product Size: 120 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules per day between meals, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving size: 4 capsules