This version of our classic 6-per day full-spectrum multivitamin contains 2 mg of copper, and is ideal for anyone who is copper-deficient.
DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper contains a significant dose of all the B vitamins that are easily depleted by stress (B12 in the preferred methylcobalamin form), 1000 IU of vitamin D, 500 mcg of vitamin K-1 (phytonadione), 50 mcg of vitamin K-2 (menaquinone), and calcium and magnesium in a 1:2 ratio. Selenium and iodine are included in balance with each other, since it is crucial that the body has both for healthy thyroid function.
Functions of copper include:
- Development of immune cells
- Proper metabolism, absorption, and transport of iron
- Formation of collagen -helps to keep skin firm, benefits wound healing
- Energy production – due to its role in iron mobilization, the formation of hemoglobin and RBCs, and in the transport of oxygen throughout the body
- Maintenance of blood vessels
- Melanin formation
- Myelin sheath formation/maintenance
DFH Complete Multi™ with Copper may be beneficial for:
- Copper-deficiency anemia
- Copper deficiencies sometimes seen with gastric bypass patients (copper is absorbed in the duodenum and proximal jejunum, and is poorly absorbed when a significant portion of the proximal small intestine is bypassed)
- Restless Leg Syndrome
- Those on high dose, long-term supplementation of zinc (50 mg/day or more), as this may lead to a deficiency in copper
- Men and postmenopausal women, as these groups are likely to have adequate amounts of iron intake and storage levels
This is a powerhouse multi! Two capsules with each meal is the recommended dosage.
Product Size: 180 vegetarian capsules
Servings Per Container: 30
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take one soft gel per day with a meal or as directed by your health care practitioner.
Serving size: 6 capsules