Methylation reactions are critical biochemical processes that assure proper cell differentiation and replication, the proper production of brain chemicals (neurotransmitters), methylation of DNA (epigenetic control of genetic expression), and methylation of certain hormones and neurotransmitters for their proper inactivation.
These lozenges provide 5000 mcg of B12, which is a dose a high enough to push absorption by mass action through the cellular diffusion pathway, typically estimated at 1%. They are an ideal way to help increase levels of B12 quickly, when higher doses of this vitamin are desired.
In cases where there are suspected genetic polymorphisms of B12 absorption and metabolism pathways, Designs for Health offers Trifolamin™ lozenges, which provides three forms of bioavailable B12 and additional methylfolate.
B12 Lozenges provide nutritional support for:
- Cardiovascular health
- Elevated homocysteine levels
- Compromised digestive system/malabsorption issues
- Generic anemia or pernicious anemia (autoimmune disorder)
- Brain and nervous system impairments, including increased need for myelin repair
- Sleep-wake disorders
- Daytime alertness in the elderly and people who work night shifts
- Those who need to increase B12 levels quickly
- Any conditions where the need for epithelial healing, low platelet count
- Low white cell count, poor immunity
- B12 deficiency that needs to be corrected rapidly during pregnancy or lactation