Fortified with a generous 12 mg of the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin for optimal health benefits
What are Krill?
Krill are tiny crustaceans found in the sea and make up the world’s largest animal biomass. The oil extracted from krill is rich in the omega–3 fatty acids EPA and DHA bound to highly unsaturated phospholipids, closely resembling human brain phospholipids. These phospholipids – phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylinositol, and phosphatidylethanolamine – are essential to life and are a major component of cell membranes, functioning as cell messengers and as carriers of EPA and DHA, providing a fast and effective delivery of these omega–3s.
Designs for Health’s XanthOmega™ Krill Oil has a high phospholipid content, standardized to a minimum of 40% phospholipids, mostly as phosphatidylcholine. This is considered to be a virgin krill oil, the purest form available, with higher phospholipid bioavailability, enhancing the absorption of one of krill’s shining features, the powerful antioxidant astaxanthin.
Astaxanthin, the carotenoid from the microalgae, haematococcus pluvialis, is a staple of krill’s diet and gives them and other crustaceans their vibrant pink color. XanthOmega™ Krill Oil contains an impressive 12 mg per serving.
Many studies suggest that this exceptionally high level of astaxanthin offers an array of therapeutic benefits, which may include:
• Powerful antioxidant
• Cardiovascular health – helping to promote healthy lipid profiles; potential anti–hypertensive
• Sports performance – increasing muscle endurance and reducing exercise–induced muscle damage
• Eye support – reducing eye fatigue and improving visual acuity
• Supporting skin health – protecting against UVA–induced aging, as in skin sagging and wrinkles
• Gastric health support – helping to reduce gastric inflammation and reflux symptoms
AstaREAL® – the Astaxanthin of Choice
XanthOmega™ Krill Oil’s astaxanthin comes from naturally occurring levels found in krill oil and from AstaREAL®, a registered brand of astaxanthin extracted directly from microalgae using a solvent–free technology that ensures maximum control and purity. AstaREAL® astaxanthin is the most studied astaxanthin in the world with over 40 clinical studies, both animal and human.
- Antioxidants such as, canthaxanthin, β–carotene, vitamin E and trans–retinol vitamin A. These antioxidants offer benefits of their own while also protecting this nutrient–dense oil from oxidation.
- Made using a unique cold–extraction process that converts it into stable oil. This process protects the lipids from alteration and avoids peroxidation.
- Free of heavy metals and organohalide pollutants
- Does not cause reflux or regurgitation commonly experienced by those consuming regular fish oil supplements